Welcome to Inner Harmony Integrative Clinic. Our intention is to provide you with resources and choices for natural and safe means of treatment to create optimal health for you and your family. We wish to serve as a community resource for natural health education, and to work with other health care practitioners to optimize the health of the community. We thank you for choosing us as part of your health care team and welcome any ideas or suggestions you have to enhance our services.
Office hours: Monday- Thursday 10-6pm, Friday 9-4 pm by appointment only.
Consultations with Dr. Nguyen integrates both Naturopathic medicine and Chinese medicine and treatment plans are tailored to the needs of the individual. Naturopathic medicine and Chinese medicine complement each other greatly, and the integration of both will give you quick results as well as a broad selection of choices for effective treatment. Some of the possible treatment recommendations include individualized dietary and lifestyle recommendations, nutritional supplementation, herbal medicines, acupuncture, therapeutic exercise, physical medicine, hydrotherapy, and homeopathy. All treatment plans are based on the Six Principles of Naturopathic Medicine: do no harm, treat the cause, work with the body to heal itself when possible, treat the whole person, educate the patient, and focus on prevention.
15- minute free consultation:
Dr. Nguyen offers a 15-minute consultation in person or by phone as an opportunity for those curious if Dr. Nguyen’s services will be a good fit for them. She will answer general questions that you have about the services she provides, but cannot give any specific recommendations or therapy.
Initial Consult for Naturopathic medicine (75 minutes): $210 + tax
The first visit is essential in establishing the health goals that you would like to work with. Emphasis is placed on investigating the whole person (mind, body, spirit) and finding the root cause of the disease. The time spent is essential and will give Dr. Nguyen time to discuss with you your health concerns, review medical history, perform indicated physical examinations, and come up with a treatment plan incorporating Naturopathic medicine and Chinese medicine.
Initial Consult for Acupuncture (75 minutes): $150+ tax
This type of visit is for those who are interested specifically in seeing if acupuncture will help them with a specific health concern. The visit includes a thorough medical history intake based on Chinese medicine, appropriate physical exams, discussion of treatment and acupuncture therapy.
Follow-up visits available range from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Second and subsequent visits are usually 45 minutes-1 hour: $95 plus tax
Half hour appointments, when discussed: $75 plus tax
Acupuncture therapy only (≈45 minutes-1 hour): $75 plus tax
Neuro prolotherapy: Please ask for more details
Nutritional injection therapies: Please ask for more details
* Package plans available for a course of 6 or 10 acupuncture treatments are available for a reduced fee following the initial consult. Please ask us for more details.
Massage therapy can be combined with an acupuncture session for an additional 15-30 minutes. Please ask for more details.
Please be aware that payment is expected at the time of service. Labs and Naturopathic supplements are not included in the office visit fees and are separate fees. Cash, personal checks, Visa and MasterCard are accepted.
When you call and schedule an appointment, time is reserved especially for you and no one else. We ask that you provide at least a 24-hour notice of cancellation. A $50 cancellation fee will apply for cancellations without 24-hour notice. Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
Now accepting insurance for acupuncture!
Dr. Alysa Nguyen is contracted with American Specialty Health. The following are the insurances managed by American specialty health. If you have these insurances, you may have acupuncture coverage. Note that your coverage may require a referral by your primary care provider or may only cover acupuncture for pain related conditions. Please check with your insurance before setting up an appointment.
The following ASH Group clients are currently accepted:
- American Specialty Health Insurance Company (Benefit Plan)
- American Specialty Health Group, Inc. National Accounts (Choose health Affinity Program)
- American Specialty Health Group, Inc. Seamless Accounts (Benefit Plan)
- HMSA (PPO; Benefit Plan)- direct access. Covered conditions limited to musculoskeletal conditions, pain syndromes and nausea.
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii (HMO; benefit Plan)- direct access. Covered conditions limited to musculoskeletal conditions, pain syndromes and nausea.
- Kaiser Permanente Hawaii/Kaiser-On-The-Job (Worker’s compensation/ No fault)- require referral by OHS physician.
- Providence Health Plan (EPO; Network Access Benefit Plan). Direct Access.
- Providence Health Plan- PEBB (Choice (EPO) & Statewide (EPO)); Network Access Benefit Plan
- Providence Health Plan (Traditional Option; Network Access Benefit Plan)- Covered Conditions are limited to Musculoskeletal Conditions, Pain Syndromes and Nausea.
- Spark M. Matsunaga VA Medical Center (Network Access Benefit Plan). Require referral from PCP.
The following services are not covered for by American specialty health clients: tui na and oriental massage therapy, Chinese herbal consultation and supplements, Naturopathic consultation and services.
We do not bill insurance directly for any other groups besides American Specialty Health Clients. For those who have coverage for Naturopathic medicine or other acupuncture insurances, we will gladly give you an itemized superbill to submit to your insurance company as an out of network provider on request. You are responsible for payment at the time of service. If you have a PPO plan, you may find that your insurance company may cover for some of the services as an out of network service. Standard labs may also be covered for by your insurance as in an network service. Some alternative labs offered at our office may or may not be covered for by your insurance company. The Basic Health Insurance questionnaire is a guide to help you find out what your insurance covers.
Consultation, supplements and alternative labs may be covered for those who have a flexible spending account or health savings account as part of your medical expenses.
Listed are some examples, but not all of the labs that Dr. Nguyen can order to get more information to assess your health condition.
- Comprehensive blood panel, chemistry panel, thyroid panel, vitamin D levels
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis evaluates digestion and absorption, bacterial balance and parasite infection. www.doctorsdata.com
- Women’s Hormonal Health Assessment provides a focused overview of hormonal balance in both pre- and post-menopausal women
- Men’s Hormonal Health Assessment
- Salivary adrenal hormone assessment
- Food Allergy Panels
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Neurotransmitter Profile
- Amino Acid Profile
- Nutrient Profile Testing